Monday, August 16, 2010

And Her Name Shall Be....

I did it. I bought a Jetta. Best car I have ever owned! Once I decided that this is what I really wanted to do my dad and I went to the dealership here in Lethbridge and with no success in selling my Jeep I decided I would trade it in and just eat what I had left owing on it because I knew the dealership wouldn't give me what I was asking for it. Anyways so I sit down with the guy to talk numbers and long and the short of it was they would give me next to NOTHING for my Jeep and wanted me to pay almost $400.00 a month for the car! My thoughts ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I mean its a nice car but $400.00 bucks is too much to pay monthly. So I politely declined and left feeling a little bumbed out.

So that night I got on line with my dad and started looking at dealerships in Calgary, Edmonton and Medicine Hat. This is where I found my baby. Medicine Hat had the exact same car, color and everything but with a few more features for $4000.00 less and less kilometers! I was sooo excited. The next day after work me and my dad drove down to Medicine Hat and met my cousin there as well to check out the car. I took her for a spin and decided that I wanted to get it. So the negotiations began again. This dealership was actually willing to dicker with me a little bit where as the one in Lethbridge wouldn't. So me and the car salesman (who by the way was a total idiot and all three of us were ready to kill him by the end of it. He was trying to be best friends with my dad and cousin and is one of those guys who has done everything you have done only better) anyways so we sat down and started talking numbers and they were willing to give me WAY more for my Jeep and my monthly payment was going to be less than what I was making on my Jeep. After about 2hours of back and forth with them as far as numbers go (by the way did all the negotiating on my own. Talk about crap your pants. My dad would talk to me and give me suggestions but as far as dealing with the guy he left it all up to me. It was a little nerve racking to say the least), we settled on an amount and then the waiting game started to see if I would be approved to get the loan to buy the car. By this point my head is pounding and I feel like I am going to throw up (stress + an empty stomach = not a good decision). After what felt like FOREVER I got approved, got my insurance company to send me the documents I needed to bring a new car home and said good bye to my Jeep that day. I Was not expecting to go down with the Jeep and come home with a Jetta.

There were definitely some mixed emotions saying good bye to my Jeep. I shed a few tears, but I am IN LOVE with my car and don't regret my decision at all. I can drive FOREVER without having to fill up and when I do its only like $40 buck apposed to $65. Best car ever! I need to take some pictures and post them. Well with a new car comes the joy of naming it...so I have named her Mollie. Me and my best friend Kait went on a road trip to Utah and we played with a couple of names for her but Mollie is the one I decided on. However she also gets called Yetta quite often, so Mollie is her true name but Yetta is her nick name. Call me crazy cuz I probably am but she is my baby so I had to name her!

Stay tuned there will be more posted about the AWESOME road trip that we took her on to Utah! Many adventures and good stories I assure you. I will post soon I promise!

-kinsey

4 comments:

  1. Beauty!!! I can't wait to go for a ride in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're looking forward to a trip in your Mollie on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um hello...you HAVE to name your vehicle..that goes without saying! Can't wait for pics...glad there are no regrets

    ReplyDelete