Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What the...



Ok how is it that in this part of the world (being Southern Alberta) does summer FLY by...yet winter lasts F.O.R.E.V.E.R? I hate it! I have yet again blinked and another summer is gone. It has been a good one though. I have been able to spend a lot of time with family. Its the most I have probably seen Kelly and her kids in a short span of time since they moved up to "Central Alberta" and it has been awesome. I have loved it! I miss them too much through the year when I only get to see them for a few days every 3 or 4 months. Her and the kids came down in July and it just so happened that I had most of the time off work so I was able to spend a lot of it with them. We went to Waterton one day which was the coldest day of the week and resulted in us sitting in the back of mums SUV for a very rememberable picnic. We tried to go down by the lake to let the kids throw rocks but every time we attempted it the wind Gods did not like this idea and the wind would pick up so hard that we could barely walk into the wind it was crazy. Also while they were here we did July 1st parade in Raymond and then BBQ in Cardston, Grandma Robinson turned 80 and we attended her birthday bash. Let me tell ya getting all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids in a picture was quite the feat but we did it and the only person I think we were missing was my brother in law Cliff. He had to work and couldn't come down. That pretty much sums up July.

August I moved into Lethbridge. Mom and dad found some renters for their house so I got the boot, so into Lethbridge I went. Its been really nice to not commute every day. The first week of August I went up to visit Kell and the kids which was a blast! I wish I had had longer than a week. I finally for the first time since they moved up there got to go to the BEACH! Rhett told me before I got there that they were going to take me, and Kelly told me they ordered nice weather and sure enough we had nice weather and went to the beach. It was a lot of fun. Me and Kell also got to have some solo sister time which was a blast as always. She is definitely one of my favorite people in the whole world. I wish we lived close enough that I could see her every day.

That has been my summer thus far. I will attempt to put a few more pictures up however my sisters have not been putting their pictures on Facebook so I can't steal them off there and I don't have a camera so I don't take pictures. When they finally put them on I will post pictures.


These are my 4 nephews playing at the park.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...what the heck summer?! Last a little longer please and thankyou! Glad your summer was great! I miss your face:) You have a group of very cute Nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you do to your blog? It looks so modern and chic! I will try to post some pictures so you can steal them

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm,will add post pictures to my list for the week!

    ReplyDelete