Thursday, August 18, 2011

kids sometimes

Wow 2 posts in 2 ways this is a new record for me! So this past Sunday my sister Kelly came down from Sylvan Lake with her 2 kids to go spend some time with her in laws out in Taber, she first stopped at mom and dads in Cardston and spent the night there. So I headed for Cardston right after church so I could be there with them. Well I arrived before they did and was met by some very excited nephews when they finally arrived. Of course one of the favorite things to participate in at Grammie's and Pa's house is the trampoline. After 3 or 4 times of my sweet little Rhett coming into the house saying "Auntie are you going to come jump with us yet?" I finally caved and went to jump. Here is where the story gets good. So we are jumping around and Rhett (who is 5) says...

Rhett - Auntie look there's the temple

Me - Your right Rhett there it is

Rhett - My mom and dad were married there (said matter of factly)

Me - Yup they were, are you going to get married there Rhett?

Rhett- When I'm big

Me - Sweet, am I invited?

Rhett - Sure...I guess if you want to you can come

Me - Well thanks Rhett I'm glad I can come. So Rhett who do you think is going to get married first...Me or Zane (Zane is 8)

Zane - Pfff ME

Me - Speechless and feeling like I just got stabbed in the heart. Thanks Zane.

Zane - Laughing

At this point I tackled and tickled this child. Gotta love nephews. This is also the nephew when the last time I asked him if he thought I was ever going to get married said...mmm eventually. I can tell he has a lot of faith in me and finding a husband. Oh and he told me when I do get married I shouldn't have too many kids. I should only have 2 or 3. Any more than that is too many. Haha what a kid.

So I guess the moral of the story, stop asking my nephews opinion on my marriage status or I will be at least 39 before I'm going to be married!

- Kinsey

2 comments:

  1. This is still funny the 2 nd time! Bahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot the Rhett story! I'll have to steal it for my blog!

    ReplyDelete