Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random Ramblings

It has been a while since I have posted and they have gone and changed it up, it took me a minute to figure out how to create a new post. Well since it has been quite a while since I have posted I'm going to do a random list of the going ons in my life as of late...

1. I went to Ottawa in February to surprise my friend who had just got home off her mission and I LOVED IT! (sorry no pictures I don't know how to get them on the computer with my moms camera) I never thought that this prairie girl would like a city out in eastern Canada, but I did. There was so much to do and it is such a nice city, even in the dead of winter, I look forward to going back when its warm out and -4 doesn't feel like -35, that part I didn't so much love. All I can say is you haven't lived til you have eaten a Beaver Tail. Mmm makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

2. My 5 year old nephew comes up with the darndest things to say. Last month I went up to watch Kell and Cliffs kids over night so they could make a flying trip down to SA for a funeral and while I was there me and Rhett (5 year old nephew) were sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch and he informed me that his older brother Zane had a birthday coming up soon, which he did. He then informed me that he was going to be turning 9, which is correct, and then he said "yup he's turning 9 which means he's almost a parent." It was a very enlightening moment in my life, I didn't realize that 9 was the magical age to which you becoming a parent. I apparently missed the line up on that one cuz 9 was a LONG time ago and I'm still not a parent.

3. During Easter break my BFF's family ditched her and went to Vegas so I stayed with her most of the time while they were gone. 2 of those days we decided to have pinterest days and baked a lot of stuff. I realized that baking is actually kind of fun and that maybe my future husband and children won't be deprived of goodies.

4. Sometimes I wish the path in life that my Heavenly Father would like me to follow could be mapped out on like a cheat sheet that you could look at once ever 2 or 3 years just to make sure you are on the right path. I feel like I am in limbo lately and have NO idea what I'm supposed to be doing. It gets a little frustrating sometime.

5. I have realized not to judge things that you have not yet tried. Like for instance...I put off getting pinterest for so long. Kelsey (my bff) would always have these great idea's and when I would ask her where she got the idea her response would be pinterest...I wanted to punch her in the face most times cuz I thought this was the stupidest waste of time you could do, however while with her over Easter she convinced me to sign up and now I am addicted. I love it, you can get some pretty fantastic ideas on that site. Example number 2...skinny jeans, I hate skinny jeans, have fought buying a pair for years, swore I would never own a pair, then I bought a really cute pair of boots and needed to buy a pair so I could wear my boots with them, cuz I like that look, so I bought a pair and I LOVE THEM! I should have converted years ago. I want to get myself another couple of pairs. They are just darling with so many things. This was an instant love, as soon as they were on my body I knew I was converted.

6. I am running out of random ramblings so my last random is that I'm going to Utah next week with my BFF Kait and I'm super excited. I get to go to the Salt Lake Temple. Since being endowed I have only been to the the Cardston Temple and I am so excited to go to another Temple to enjoy the beauty of another House of the Lord.

Stay tuned maybe something excited will happen in Utah and I will have fun stories to tell

- Kinsey

6 comments:

  1. be careful- you can get totally lost in that temple- it's HUGE!!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! But did I know you were going to Utah? I'm super uber jealous!!! And I still say skinny jeans are nasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love random ramblings;)...I miss your face! hmmm...skinny jeans? Really?! I may or may not have to give them a try...i guess;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nic DO IT you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a liar... skinny jeans are awful!!! I will not try them. Not in a boat, not with a goat, not in a box, not with a fox. So there.
    And I am also staying away from Pinterest. One of my friends sent me a request and I downloaded the app for my phone but I still haven't signed up and it's been like over a month I think? I already get into trouble for being on the computer or my phone too much so I think I should just stay away from addictive Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved, loved this post! I'm so proud of you, I'm lucky that I get to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete